Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

Make A BruinsBall Account and Start Posting! - click here

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott Robinson

Thread: Hey....

Pick Em Average

Question Hey....

Hey guys, I am from India and I am 17 years old. In recent years I have developed great interest in basketball and now my dream is to play in NBA. I have played very less basketball in my whole life till now but I am sure that I can learn the game very fast. I am 6'2" and my weight is 121 pounds. I was thinking to move to USA so that I get proper traning, but before moving I would like to know one thing -

'Is it too late for me or still I have chances' ?

Pick Em Average
    Hi there,

Thanks for joining the site! The short answer to your question: I don't know if you can make it to the NBA. But, I would say research NBA players like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (who only started playing at 12 years old) to see how they might have been able to transition from High School to College to the NBA. One thing's for sure: It certainly makes it more difficult to be an NBA-worthy player with a late start on basketball.

Based on your weight, I'd say you'll need to weigh at least another 50 pounds just to be able to match up on defense against another guard (who will average 5'10<->6'5 in height and weigh about 170<->220 lbs.).

There are plenty of resources online to learn about playing, but as a Bruin, I'd suggest you start with Coach John Wooden's teachings.

Thanks again for joining and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24samps View Post
    Hey guys, I am from India and I am 17 years old. In recent years I have developed great interest in basketball and now my dream is to play in NBA. I have played very less basketball in my whole life till now but I am sure that I can learn the game very fast. I am 6'2" and my weight is 121 pounds. I was thinking to move to USA so that I get proper traning, but before moving I would like to know one thing -

'Is it too late for me or still I have chances' ?
    kobe24samps likes this.

Pick Em Average
    and also I would like to know if it's necessary to join a college or high school to get started. Can't I do it without joining college or high school ?

+ Reply to Thread