Kyle Anderson 14 9 2 0 2

Prospect:
    Name
    Assists
    Steals
    Turnovers
    Tony Parker 8 12 1 1 4

Pick Em Average
    Nice! Anyone who watched both the McDonald's game and the Jordan game has to be excited about next season.
    The style of an all-star game does not fit players like Parker. He is not the run and gun type of player thus he had a bit harder time in those games.
    He is however tailor made for Coach Howland. Add to it I think he will help light that fire under Smith's butt and get him in shape and ballin. I hope we get Parker but even if we don't we will have a heck of a fun team to watch next year.

Administrator
    Pick Em Average
    The key to Parker is keeping him in shape. I saw his team play Oak Hill earlier in the year and he looked AMAZING. He had slimmed down and was just destroying the competition. When I saw him in these all-star games it looked like he added bad weight, and was a step slower than I had seen him previously.

Pick Em Average
    I hope it is not a Smith issue. Some kids are born with that inner fire to really succeed. I know Shabazz has it. I just hope he and Smith get together and end up competing in the weight room as well.
    We would have a monster frontline if they do. I also feel like Parker is not a one and done kid. I figure we will get two maybe three years of his talent. We shall soon see! '74

Pick Em Average
    Just an observation about Joshua Smith - kid is really enjoying being a college kid; he's resisting growing up. i understand he entered into a quid pro quo agreement - we gave him a basketball scholarship (which we begged him to accept) and in return he has to play basketball. Not exactly what he's been doing the last couple years, not to the level expected of him - that he ought to expect of himself. It's time for him to grow up and get after it - his future depends on him doing that. But still, it's about him being a bit of a flake - a run of the mill college kid (kind of Tony Denosso (sp?) except at UCLA instead of Ohio State). i hope he's gotten that out of his system and will follow through on the diet and hard physical work this off season. He can still have fun, be a college kid, but i do hope he's ready to move on and get on with his life (and being a leader of our team as opposed to a distraction)....

+ Reply to Thread