Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

Make A BruinsBall Account and Start Posting! - click here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for the posters

Pick Em Average

Question for the posters

One very important thing must be decided early this year. I am wondering what everyone thinks in regards to our QB situation. Who do you all think will step up and get that seperation from the rest??? Me, I am a huge Hundley fan but I also believe Brehaut has a chance at taking the spot.
    One more question. How many wins will it take for you all to decide this was a successful season??? I am thinking we will get 8 and with a little luck maybe 9 wins. I say this because no matter what anyone thinks of former coach RN he did bring in some serious talent. If this team stays healthy they can beat just about anyone. That being said I will be happy with a 7 win season. Am I off base or at least close to you guys thoughts??? '74

Administrator
    Pick Em Average
    I believe that at the end of the day, either Brehaut or Hundley will be the starter. If I was one of the coaches, I would start Hundley, since they have been fairly equal in practice anyways. Start developing Hundley now, and we may have a superstar on our hands in the next couple years.

I think 7 wins (not including the bowl game) is an adequate season, 8 should make fans happy, and anything above that should be major celebration time.

Pick Em Average
    Good call. I agree Hundley has the skills and has great wheels. Brehaut is good but Hundley has the talent to be great.
    Yeah I too would be happy with 7 wins but am hoping for 8! '74

Pick Em Average
    I'm going to play it the easy way and say I won't commit to a QB until they can actually be hit by the defense. Lots of the runs put out by the QB's and RB's are still against the 2nd string defense... And they don't always include what would normally be a tackle to end the play.

Until we know what happens when a hit is on the line, I'm not sure of the QB separation.

From a pure throwing standpoint: Brehaut has the best arm, Prince probably practices the best and Hundley exhibits the ability to react to a broken play. Each strength seems intangible until we can measure Hundley's play-making ability (especially when flushed from the pocket) against Brehaut's arm and Prince's handle on the playbook.

As far as wins go... I'm in the school of thought that a competitive game, regardless of the score, is what truly builds confidence and eventually translates to win when rebuilding a program.

Most guys believe "three years" is what it takes to turn around a team. Neuheisel was canned during year four...

Moving forward and gauging Mora's first year, I'd say the barometer of success will be best understood against USC. If the gap's closed beyond a "hopeful" outlook and the team shows the ability to actually keep it close through the Fourth, then we have had a successful team.

Pick Em Average
    I do think the coaching staff hopes Hundley takes control of the competition, but that hasn't happened thus far.

At this point, I don't see Prince being a threat. Like Brett said, I think it's down to Hundley and Brehaut. Regardless of who starts, I think it's imperative to get Hundley some time.

With Prince/Brehaut being seniors, it would behoove UCLA to get Hundley some seasoning this year. Brehaut might be the best fit for the offense this year though (he did run the spread in high school)

+ Reply to Thread